The other day I signed up for "Recipe A Day" on Facebook - which is the page for a blog called The Stir (a blog with everything from recipes to movie reviews to thoughts on the latest news break).
On December 16th Recipe A Day posted a cookie recipe that I'm sure I've seen before but just haven't made - until now. We're talking Peanut Butter Cup Cookies (i.e. Peanut Butter Temptations).
Next to Mint and Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Chocolate is my favorite flavor combination and, really, anything mini just wins my heart over. So seeing as this was both PB & Chocolate AND made in mini-muffin tins - there was NOTHING stopping me.
Can't wait for Wednesday and the office Potluck when I can bring these in to share.
Peanut Butter Temptations
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
*40 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped (great job for kids!)
*Note: The bag I got from the store only had 35 cups inside, so I bought 2 bags figuring the rest would go in Christmas stockings. I'm glad I did because the batter produced 51 cookies not 40. Just get extra peanut butter cups to be safe.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
3. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and brown sugar until fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and milk.
5. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
6. Shape into 40 balls and place each into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. (Don't wait or they won't work.)
9. Let cool a few minutes and the cookies should just slide right out of the tin (be careful though the chocolate will be very gooey and melted. I used a spoon to help get the cookies out without chocolate going everywhere)
These are super yummy and fun to make - easy too so the kiddos can help with (just be careful of the hot muffin tin)
Happy Holidays Everyone!