The National Geographic posted an article today about the Top 10 National Dishes
Here's their list.
1. Hamburger, USA (yea, I can see this being our "national dish")
2. Ackee and Saltfish, Jamaica (never had it)
3. Coo-Coo and Flying Fish, Barbados (never had it)
4. Bulgogi, Korea (have had Korean but not Bulgogi)
5. Kibbeh, Lebanon/Syria (again, never had it)
6. Goulash, Hungary (I have had goulash just not in Hungary)
7. Wiener Schnitzel, Austria (no, but I want to try it)
8. Pot-au-Feu, France (nope)
9. Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, England (Roast Beef - yes. Yorkshire pudding - no)
10. Irish Stew, Ireland (nope)
Man, I think I need to get sampling some national dishes don't you think?