On Monday I was awarded the Liebster Award by Kim @ Kimberly's Quest. The award is for up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (liebster is German for beloved/sweetheart/etc).
* * *
1. Each person must post eleven things about themselves
2. You must answer the questions the tagger sets for you plus
create eleven questions for the people you've tagged to answer
3. Choose eleven upcoming bloggers and link them in your post.
4. Go to their blog and let them know you've nominated them!
5. No tag backs
* * *
11 things about me!
1. I love orange juice and tomato juice but hate mimosas, screwdrivers and bloody marys. I'm a OJ/Tomato juice purest. Don't mess with my juice! (Although I do love a bellini)
2. I don't like scrambled eggs or anything similar (i.e., quiche or frittatas) and would rather have over medium or poached.
3. I hate the taste of wasabi and other horseradish. It's a flavor thing its not heat - I like heat.
4. I spent some time at a Buddhist's community one summer during college. It was on a silent retreat and was crazy hard not to talk.
5. I'd pick chocolate ice cream over vanilla any day of the week but if I had to pick I'd prefer mint chocolate chip ice cream.
6. I like most music - rock n' roll, opera, folk, indie... even some country and hip hop. But I just can't find the enjoyment or even the appeal to rap.
7. If I had to pick one type of food to eat for the rest of my life it would have to be sushi. Salmon skin rolls, unagi, sesame balls, tuna hamachi....mmmm. Yum.
8. Oh, but the place I crave the most is a mexican taco shop called Cuca's. They have a number of locations in Southern California and one right around the corner from where I went to college. Every once and a while I get a massive craving for (and would do anything to get) a chicken, rice, tomato and guacamole burrito. *Drool*
9. I lived in ten houses by the time I graduated high school - and that's in about six different towns.
10. Fall is my favorite time of year in the PNW. Getting to wear sweaters and scarves but not too rainy so I don't have to wear gloves, heavy coats and can still wear my flats.
11. I'm not usually a very open person. I tend to keep my inner thoughts/feelings inside. It's not that I don't "trust" my friends/family but sometimes I just don't feel like others want to hear what I have to say and therefore why bother. But blogging is a way to share these without the trust issues I have getting in the way.
* * *
1. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh, wow. Just one book? Shoot that's hard. I guess it would be Alice Hoffman's Practical Magic. It's the book the Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman movie was based off. I love the movie but the book just has so much more depth and character.
2. What is your favourite color? I guess black. But I prefer color combinations.
PinkBlack RedBlack GreenBrown
3. Spring or Fall? Fall for sure.
4. Share your best birthday memory! Haha. I don't know about "best" (I'm hoping that comes with the Dirty Thirty) but definitely the most "memorable" would be my 19th birthday. Let's just say it was in a college dorm + beer + handcuffs = crazy time. lol
5. Would you rather bake cookies or cook steak? Bake cookies... while someone else cooks the steak. Haha.
6. What was the name of your first pet? Salome (she was a Siamese)
7. What is your favourite board game? Oooo... probably have to go with Apples to Apples
8. What movie do you most relate to? That's a tough one. I'm not really sure if I've come across a movie I relate too. I'll have to get back to you on that.
9. On vacation do you go camping or stay in a hotel? Oh hell! No contest. HOTEL.
10. What is your favorite burger topping? Tomato is a must.
11. One word to describe your day. Sick. :(
* * *
11 Liebster Award Nominees
* * *
My 11 questions
1. What blog entry have you been wanting to write and just haven't gotten around to yet?
2. What's your ultimate guilty pleasure? (tv show, food, hobby, etc)
3. What song do you listen to when you need a pick-me-up, and why?
4. Who is your BFF and how long have you known one another?
5. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
6. Why did you start blogging and how long ago was that?
7. Last movie you saw in the theatre?
8. Where is your dream vacation spot (that you haven't yet visited)?
9. What tradition do you have for celebrating birthdays/anniversaries that is special to you?
10. Favorite pizza topping?
11. Would you rather know when or how you were going to die?
* * *
And with that. The Liebster Award entry is over. Thank you again to Kim for the nomination.
Have fun with this everyone.