|Click here to link up yourself|
I've come across Ashley's Sunday Social's the last few weeks, but I always seem to find them on Tuesday/Wednesday. Today though I'm on time and it was meant to be...today is about FOOD!
* * *
2. What is your guilty pleasure/comfort food? Chocolate. Milk chocolate, mint chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate.... chocolate bars, chocolate ice cream, chocolate pudding... yea you get the point.
3. What's the weirdest/craziest food you've ever eaten? Durian I guess. It wasn't so bad when it was cold but as it warmed up it got mushy and smellier. I wanted to try and mix it with bananas in a banana bread but never got around to it.
4. What food do you avoid at all costs? Every year there is a food festival in Portland called "The Bite of Oregon" last year I tried smoked razor clams... Ew! So awful. No thank you! Never again.
5. What meal reminds you of your childhood? Tamales. Mmmmm *drool*
6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it. Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies. I found this recipe a few years ago and now make it every year at Christmas. I love Mexican Hot Chocolate (chocolate - see answer 2) and also turned the drink into a cupcake recipe. For now here's the cookie recipe:
Mexican Hot Cocoa Cookies:
Heat oven to 350*
1/2C cocoa powder
1/4t baking soda
In a separate bowl press together, to form clumps:
1T Brown Sugar
1/2C plus 1T granulated white sugar
Beat the following on high for 1 minute with the sugar mixture:
3T butter, softened to room temperature
1/2t (additional) cinnamon
Generous pinch of black pepper
Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
Beat in 1 egg white until smooth.
Add flour mix.
Make into a 9 to 10 inch log - wrap in wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 minutes.Slice into 1/4 inch cookies and put on ungreased cookie sheet (they do not spread far).Bake 12-14 minutes.