|Real Buckeye nut|
Anyway. I knew my family would be a HUGE fan of these peanut butter balls of yumminess so I asked her for the recipe and have about three dozen of them in the freezer waiting for the family party on Saturday. They were so easy and really pretty quick to make.
1 C creamy peanut butter
1/2 C (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 C confectioner's sugar
2 C semi-sweet chocolate
1. Line baking sheet(s) with wax paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. If mixture is sticky, wet hands with cold water and continue rolling. Place baking sheets in freezer for 30 minutes or until balls are firm.
3. Microwave chips in a glass bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes, stirring midway.
4. Pierce each ball with a toothpick and dip into chocolate 3/4 of the way deep, wiping excess chocolate on rim of bowl. Place on waxed paper; repeat with remaining balls. Return undipped buckeyes to freezer for 10 minutes if they get too soft.
5. Chill in fridge for 45 minutes, until set.