In the past I have made a pumpkin cookie with and eggnog glaze for the holidays. This year I came across a similar recipe for Chai Tea Eggnog Cookies. I love chai so I thought this would be a good recipe to try out. I made them last night and I think the only changes I would be:
1) add more chai flavor - perhaps by adding one bag of loose leaf and then soaking a second bag in the hot butter to infuse the flavoring.
2) Do a spiced glaze, instead of eggnog, to allow for the eggnog to not over power the chai
In the end these are yummy cookies...just not as CHAI as I'd have liked.
Chai Tea Eggnog Cookie:
1 chai tea bag
1 (17.5-oz) package sugar cookie mix
1/2 C melted butter
1 large egg
4 Tbsp eggnog, divided
1 C powdered sugar
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350. Remove tea leaves from tea bag; discard bag.
2. Stir together tea leaves, sugar cookie mix, melted butter, egg and 2 Tbsp eggnog until well blended.
3. Drop dough by tablespoons onto parchment paper lined baking sheets. Flatten dough slightly with bottom of glass dipped in cinnamon sugar (I missed this step so sprinkled it over the icing)
4. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes (I did 8-9) or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack and cool completely.
5. Whisk together powdered sugar, nutmeg and remaining 2 Tbsp eggnog until smooth. Spoon over cooled cookies.