So (most) everyone is familiar with 7-layer cookies? The graham cracker bottom with chocolate chips, butterscotch and coconut....well here's a variation I found last year and has replaced 7-layer cookie on our Christmas tray.
Turtle Graham Bark
14 graham crackers
2 sticks of butter
1 C brown sugar
1 C pecan pieces
12 oz Chocolate chips
Pinch of Salt
(and I also added an extra 12 oz of peanut butter chips and about 1 C of coconut)
1. Arrange graham crackers on parchment paper lined cookie tray (with sides).
2. Melt butter with sugar, pecans and salt. Then allow to reach boil for 2-3 minutes, stir constantly.
3. Pour over grahams evenly and bake 10-15 minutes (Note: if your house is cold and the mixture seizes before you can spread evenly, it will spread for you in the oven)...do not let burn.
4. Melt chocolate over double boiler. Pour over graham crackers and spread evenly. If it doesn't spread put back into the oven for a few minutes - sprinkle top with coconut/chips/etc and gently press into melted chocolate.
5. Refrigerate 30 minutes until cool. Break into bark.