Recently I wrote a blog about having not made a 30 before 30 list and trying to
rush accomplish 30 new things in the month of my birthday...but I'm realizing this isn't what I want to do. I don't want to rush and do 30 random things "just because". While a 30 before 30 list is a fun idea and motivational tool to try new things. I've never been one to conform to "social expectations" or, hell, rush into decisions.
So, here I am 20 days into my 30s and I've decided to do a 30 DURING 30 list. To welcome my 30s in with a thought out list of (not only new things or things I've accomplished these last 20 days) things I want to do, experience and accomplish in the next year.
And with that I am vowing to not feel like a failure if I only mark one or two things off this list. This is not a testament to my abilities or worth but perhaps it will motivate in ways I haven't been motivated before. So here is my 30 DURING 30 list (including items I have already done, at the time of this list, I think belong on this list)... in no particular order:
Have a pretty pretty princess cake! (I got it for my 30th! Thanks Mom!)
Experience the green fairy (absinthe) (Check. At the Cajun dinner with family. Yuck)
10. Hike to top of Multnomah Falls
12. Fix and add to tattoo
14. Get my drivers license
15. Oregon State Fair (failed. Time just slipped away and the fair came and went. Maybe next year.)
21. Read a book a month (so at least 12 books during the year)
22. A weekend away with the BF (well this didn't happen all year...and now we're not together. So yea).
23. Waterfront Blues Festival, Portland OR (failed. It was right after graduation @ work and I was just too tired. Maybe next year).
24. Pay a strangers bill/tab at a restaurant
25. Watch all (of the BFs) Favorite Movies (I've seen one of his 2 favorite movies - Step Mom - but haven't seen Saving Private Ryan. Don't think I'm going to either).
28. Create a Portland Food Passport containing 12 "want to try" restaurants (one a month) (created and doing okay with marking places off)
There we have it. I'll cross them off as they are accomplished and will probably blog about a number of them and/or talk about it on Ms. Morgan's Reality Check Facebook page (so to follow my to-do list make sure to be following at both locations).
I'm ready and excited to start marking off items. Now to just pick.... WHAT FIRST?!