As part of my 30 during 30 list I've decided to create a Portland Food Passport. My goal - one new restaurant a month for the next year.
Now there are SOOO many amazing restaurants in Portland, you could eat out every meal for a year somewhere different and probably still not try every restaurant and food cart in town. Which is what made creating this list so hard. I ended up with a couple more than twelve, but I figured it gives me some wiggle room; some are restaurants, some food carts and some specialty places.
Here is the list (in no particular order) including links to their website and what looks like a "must eat" in my opinion...yes I know there are more than 12 (meaning more than one a month) but I know that I won't be able to ACTUALLY go once a month, and sometimes I may be able to do more than one...at least there is some cushion.
Podnah's Pit - the Frito pie was killer. A little far to become a regular but delicious (7/27)
2. Toro Bravo - bacon wrapped grilled dates with honey or the squid ink pasta with hazelnuts
Portland City Grill (Happy Hour) - Everything was delicious but the Gorgonzola fries were yummy (Friday 3/1)
Laurelhurst Market - Marrow bones and Wagu steak! (2/2014)
The Original - Poutine and the Salty Jim (10/31)
7. Waffle Window - Nutella banana waffle and/or the Farm Fusion waffle
9. Lardo - Dirty Fries (read: with pork) and a Korean style pork shoulder sandwich (3/2014)
Biwa - the Pork Belly Yakimono was to die for (Tuesday, 9/24)
11. Sunshine Tavern - the sweet risotto with plum, honey and cinnamon looks scrumptious
12. Amadeus Manor - the Steak au Poivre Madagascar is a peppercorn steak with demi-glaze and a mango chutney. Yum.(plans to take my sister next month for her Bday)
13. Cha Cha Cha - Carnitas burrito all the way.
14. Clay's Smokehouse Grill - really I'm happy with any kind of BBQ but I'm a sucker for brisket!
Fat City Cafe - Peanut Butter Chocolate milkshake and California Burger (4/13)
Like I said there are so many more delicious sounding places and I can't promise this list won't change some as the year goes along, haha. And I promise to share the amazing choices I pick with you. Mmmmm.