Spicy Honey Chicken
Hooray! It's "Oh, How Pinteresting" Wednesday over at The Vintage Apple! This week I have a recipe that I not only found on Pinterest recently but also made last night for dinner! So instead of showing you things I wish I had time to make, or craft or whatever...I thought I'd share with you something I have recently made.
Originally pinned from here but apparently the full recipe is located here. Since I didn't have all the ingredients I improvised some, which is the kind of cook I am but sometimes with a new dish I like to follow the directions precisely...not this time. Okay so here is my version of:
6 bone/skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 C honey
2 TB apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat a large cast iron skillet on stove top. Combine garlic, chili, salt, cumin and pepper into a bowl - set aside
2. Drizzle olive oil (lightly) over chicken thighs. Sprinkle seasonings over both sides of thighs and rub into meat.
3. Place chicken in hot pan (do not need oil in the pan since chicken was rubbed with olive oil) - you should hear it sizzle! Cook chicken approx 3-5 minutes per side.
4. While chicken is cooking, heat 1/2 C of honey in the microwave. Remove and add vinegar mix well. Drizzle honey/vinegar mixture over cooking chicken. (Allow it to come to a boil in the cast iron to thicken again and become a nice glaze).
5. Serve once chicken is cooked thoroughly and with a nice crisp (watch your heat once you add the honey glaze because it will go from brown to black quickly)