Sunday Social - Foodie Edition
This week's Sunday Social is all about food - one of my favorite topics! So let's get going!! Yum yum
1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Oh goodness! This is such a hard question. There are days when I feel I could eat sushi for the rest of my life, some days pasta (in any form), chocolate on most days! haha. I think though if I HAD to choose, the winner would be pasta.
2. What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food? Can I count "pasta" again? No, there are days when I'm feeling bad, need something that just is comforting and satisfying on a few levels....for me it's PBJ
3. What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten? Weirdest would be Durian! Custard like fruit with stinky feet smell!
As for craziest...there was a Portland food tour I did once where we stopped at a food cart that only made PBJ sandwiches (you see a theme here?) But these sandwiches were with homemade nut butters and jams. The crazy one that I fell in love with had homemade peanut butter, orange marmalade, Thai basil and siracha sauce!! I just couldn't get enough! I still dream of them some days!!
4. What foods do you avoid at all costs? None really. I try to be adventurous, try things at least once (sometimes twice to account for poor preparation the first time). I don't necessarily care for cream of ______ soups but really I'll try anything.
5. What meal reminds you of your childhood? Meatballs, lasagna, chicken fried burritos, tamales, molasses cookies...not all at once though
6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it. This molasses cookie recipe has been in my family for generations. It's not Christmas without these being made...even if it is the day after Christmas. When my cousin was stationed in Afghanistan we would pack up a care package with unfrosted cookies in them and a note saying "Share". (haha) The one (unique) thing about these cookies is it uses BACON GREASE as the shortening. I know it sounds strange but trust me they are amazing....just don't eat too many at once.