When it's your birthday in my family, you get to pick what you want us to make for dinner (or go out) and what you want for your birthday dessert (cake, pie, etc). Today is my aunt's birthday but since it's a weekday we celebrated last night. For dinner she wanted corn cheddar cheese soup and for dessert she found this recipe for a pumpkin cheesecake trifle.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle
1 Angel Food Cake
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 8 oz packages of cream cheese
1 15 oz can pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice (plus extra for dusting the top)
1. Beat cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
3. Add pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice and continue beating until thoroughly combined.
4. Fold in one third of the whipped cream.
5. Cut Angel Food Cake into small pieces and line the bottom of your trifle dish with one third of the cake.
6. Layer with one third of the pumpkin mixture followed by one third of the remaining whipped cream.
7. Repeat layers twice, finishing with remaining whipped cream.
8. Sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
9. Refrigerate until ready to serve.