Caramel Stuffed Snickerdoodles to be exact...I didn't want to go to the store for anything and I just happened to have all the ingredients in my cupboard. Which was great since I had family coming over for dinner.
2 and 3/4 C flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon, separated
1/2 tsp salt
1 C butter, melted
1 and 1/4 C granulated sugar, separated
1/3 C light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
12 (or so) wrapped caramel candies
1. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, 1 C granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the egg and vanilla, combine well.
3. Pour the dry ingredients slowly into wet, use large spoon or rubber spatula because dough will be heavy/thick. Chill dough in refrigerator at least one hour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Unwrap caramels and cut into 4 pieces. Remove dough from fridge and roll into 1 TB balls. Cut/break apart balls and place 2 pieces of caramel into the center and reform the balls.
5. In small bowl combine 1/4 C granulated sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Toss dough balls in cinnamon/sugar mix.
6. Bake on lined cookie sheets for 10-11 minutes each. Let cool completely before enjoying (the caramel will get very hot inside).